Sayyidatina Aaishah (R.A) reported that
Nabi (S.A.W) said: “Indeed in dates there is a cure”.(Muslim)
- Strengthens the bones: Dates contain minerals like magnesium, manganese, selenium etc. All of these are required to keep our bones strong and healthy.
- Lowers cholesterol: Dates have traces of soluble fibre which has been shown to reduce cholesterol.
- Boosts energy: Dates contain nutrients and natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose which boost the energy.
- Skin benefits: Dates contain vitamins C and D that work on skin elasticity. It also contains vitamin A which has anti-aging benefits. Dates soothe the skin and keep it hydrated.
- Promotes heart health: Dates contain fibre and high levels of potassium, which helps to reduce heart-related diseases and prevent strokes.
- Helps sexual dysfunction: The flavonoid and estradiol compounds present in dates are responsible for increasing sterility levels.
- Cure for constipation: Dates are rich in potassium and are often categorized as a laxative food. Laxative foods help people who are suffering with constipation.
- Eases childbirth: The consumption of dates during late pregnancy has been shown to positively affect the outcome of labour and delivery without adverse effects on the mother.